My Blog List

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MM CRIT/ PROCESS PICS


MATERIALS

I chose to use my business cards on this project for many reasons. Paper is easy to fold and bend; the card has different colors on it, and BECAUSE IM ALL OVER IT duhhh! It wasn’t difficult at all to work with. I spoke to the material and it responded, loudly! I had a box of them sitting in my room since the fall. I’m planning on getting some new ones made in March and I didn’t know what to do with my old ones. So this project came right on time!


PROCESS/AMBITIOUSNESS

I was very ambitious to take a flat 2d card and turn it 3d. I had no clue where I was going to take this project until I had a long conversation with my cards and they told me to think about a crit that took place in class one day. THANKS WENDY! And from there the ideas just kept flowing in. I wanted the cards to keep their original flat shape but jump out at you at the same time.

CRAFTSMANSHIP  

The way it is put together is very clean. You can’t see any glue unless you are so that you can see what I was thinking on the picture.  I tried my best to clean it up and only show what needs to be shone.

FORM

Color, shape, repetition, and continuance are the most dominant elements in my piece. The color and shape is what draws you in from a distance. While the fact that it is repeating and continuing keeps you there when you are up close.

 CONCEPT

Since most of the class think they have an idea of what it’s suppose to be, then I say the material fits with the shape of the object. SEX SELLS! If this is what I have to do to bring more attention to my work then so be it.

  PRESENTATION

I love the location of my piece. The distance from other people’s work is perfect. Plus, I used the bars from up stairs to tie a string around it to help it stand up. You can barely tell that the string is there. One part relaxes on the wall while the other piece pokes out from the wall.   







No comments:

Post a Comment